Privacy and Security Policy
Who are we ?
Our address for all correspondence is:
PATTENS furniture Ltd, 44 High Street, Wolstanton, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs ST5 0HE
Registration Number 08324497
Information and how we process it?
This page has been created to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information provided by you to PATTENS furniture during your visit to store, use of the PATTENS furniture website or any communication made between us relating to use of this data. If we change our policy at any time we will update the details on this page. The last change to this policy was on the 25th May 2018.
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes: name, address, telephone numbers. When using our web site we may collect the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you viewed, IP addresses and cookies.
We only ever collate, hold, use or share your information for genuine business requirements, when you approved PATTENS furniture to do so, or when we’re required legally. Below is a list of reasons why we use your personal details:
- If you visit, call or email us with a sales enquiry
- To complete a sales transaction that you have placed in store or on our web site and to ensure its delivered to you
- To maintain any accounts that you hold with us
- If you have purchased from us previously we may then contact you via email or telephone with information about our business, promotional offers, product and services that we believe you will be interested in.
- Advertising and promoting of our products and services both on the PATTENS furniture website and elsewhere on the internet
- Advertising and promoting our products and services to you by means of post and email
- To contact you regarding your satisfaction of our products and services
- To train our employees to ensure you get the best service
- When you give us feedback or provide a review on our website
- If you enter a competition of ours
- When you communicate with us through a social media platform
- For fraud / crime prevention purposes
The basis on which we use your data
We collect your personal data in order to fully process your purchase or carry out a service, with your agreement to which you agreed either in store or on line. We will from time to time send you emails and postal communications, these will only be of what we consider to be of legitimate interest to you. You have the flexibility to sign in or out of these communications at any time.
When purchasing goods via our interest free credit options, your data will be shared with credit reference/fraud protection agencies, our current provider is IKONA Finance. If you require more information, please contact us or visit their website.
Please note, we will never send you unsolicited ‘Junk’ email or share your personal information with anyone else that might.
Keeping your data secure
We keep your data secure and it is extremely important to us, all written documentation is held securely within our building for the statuary 6 years and after this time are destroyed via a dedicated confidential disposal business. We do not keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
The services listed below will track and report website traffic information. PATTENS furniture use the collated data for the purpose of analysing customer trends, statistics and conversions.
- Facebook Ads
- Google Analytics
- Contact Form/Live Chat
- Contact information is collected via our website to allow us to service your questions and requests.
- Our live chat service is provided by ???
- Cookies are used for Google and Facebook retargeting.
- E-Mail Marketing
- Our newsletter and marketing e-mails are sent using Mail Chimp.
Who do we/might share your information with
The following are companies who we may from time to time share some of your personal data with
- Edmondsons delivery company / Other Logistical companies required to delivery your item
- Better Homes Ltd T/A Patten's Carpets and Beds
- Royal Mail
- IKONA finance
Please see their individual privacy policies for more detail.
Further information and your rights
Changes to this policy can be made at any time, the most recent date this policy has been modified is listed at the bottom of this page. Date Last updated 25th May 2018.