Privacy and Security Policy
Who are we?
Our address for all correspondence is:
PATTENS furniture Ltd,
44 High Street,
Newcastle under Lyme,
Registration Number 08324497
Information and how we process it?
This page has been created to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information provided by you to PATTENS furniture during your visit to the store, use of the PATTENS furniture website, or any communication made between us relating to the use of this data. If we change our policy at any time we will update the details on this page. The last change to this policy was on the 3rd of August 2022.
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes: name, address, telephone numbers. When using our website we may collect the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you viewed, IP addresses, and cookies.
We only ever collate, hold, use or share your information for genuine business requirements, when you approved PATTENS furniture to do so, or when we’re required legally. Below is a list of reasons why we use your personal details:
- If you visit, call, or email us with a sales enquiry
- To complete a sales transaction that you have placed in-store or on our website and to ensure it's delivered to you
- To maintain any accounts that you hold with us
- If you have purchased from us previously we may then contact you via email or telephone with information about our business, promotional offers, product, and services that we believe you will be interested in
- Advertising and promoting of our products and services both on the PATTENS furniture website and elsewhere on the internet
- Advertising and promoting our products and services to you by means of post and email
- To contact you regarding your satisfaction with our products and services
- To train our employees to ensure you get the best service
- When you give us feedback or provide a review on our website
- If you enter a competition of ours
- When you communicate with us through a social media platform
- For fraud/crime prevention purposes
The basis on which we use your data
We collect your personal data in order to fully process your purchase or carry out a service, with your agreement to which you agreed either in-store or online. We will from time to time send you emails and postal communications, these will only be of what we consider to be of legitimate interest to you. You have the flexibility to sign in or out of these communications at any time.
When purchasing goods via our interest-free credit options, your data will be shared with credit reference/fraud protection agencies, our current provider is Deko Finance. If you require more information, please contact us or visit their website.
Please note, we will never send you unsolicited ‘Junk’ email or share your personal information with anyone else that might.
Keeping your data secure
We keep your data secure and it is extremely important to us, all written documentation is held securely within our building for the statuary 6 years and after this time are destroyed via a dedicated confidential disposal business. We do not keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org, 01782 719101, 44 High Street, Wolstanton, ST5 0HE] if you wish to make a request.
The services listed below will track and report website traffic information. PATTENS furniture use the collated data for the purpose of analysing customer trends, statistics, and conversions.
- Facebook Ads
- Google Analytics
- Contact Form/Live Chat
- Contact information is collected via our website to allow us to service your questions and requests
- Our live chat service is provided by ???
- Cookies are used for Google and Facebook retargeting.
- E-Mail Marketing
- Our newsletter and marketing e-mails are sent using Mail Chimp.
Who do we/might share your information with
The following are companies who we may from time to time share some of your personal data with
- Edmondsons delivery company / Other Logistical companies required to delivery your item
- Better Homes Ltd T/A Patten's Carpets and Beds
- Royal Mail
- Deko finance
Please see their individual privacy policies for more detail.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [Pattens Furniture, 44 High Street, Wolstanton Staffordshire, ST5 0HE - email@example.com - 01782 719101].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Further information and your rights
Changes to this policy can be made at any time, the most recent date this policy has been modified is listed at the bottom of this page. Date Last updated August 2022.